Experience Paris from an artist's perspective!
April 20-27, 2012
Join us for a multi-dimensional, multi-generational week of art appreciation in Paris. We'll look, learn draw, and paint - and engage all of our senses as we immerse ourselves in the works of the Impressionists and the city that inspired them.
For a registration form or for a detailed itinerary, contact Karen Kane, at 800-430-5436, or email@example.com.
For art-related questions, contact Teresa Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our small group of students and adults will step off the beaten path and back in time as we follow in the footsteps of Monet, Degas and Cassatt. This trip is best for students between the ages of 12 and 18 with an accompanying adult. If you are an enthusiastic yet unaccompanied adult or student, talk to us - let's see if this experience might work for you. Our explorations include Paris highlights, guided visits to museums, gardens, markets and artists' studios - as well as time on your own to reflect and create.
- You'll receive your own travel sketchbook. Our structured writing & drawing activities, as well as work with watercolors and collage, will help you record your experiences. No previous artistic experience is required.
- We'll prepare you before the trip with workshops on art history, French language, and culture; we'll help you keep the trip alive once we're home.
- 6 days and nights in Paris
- A room with a view in a centrally located, family-owned hotel
- Daily breakfast, three inspirational lunches, and two fantastic group dinners
- Museum visits, focused drawing activities, and guided walks that get you off the beaten path and
allow you experience art in many forms
- Your own travel sketchbook
- A personalized notebook, including additional Paris addresses of particular interest that will help you discover arts venues, restaurants, shopping, and more
- Paris museum pass that provides fast and free entry to the city's best museums
- Paris métro pass that lets you navigate the city like a native
- Recommendations for and help arranging optional activities
- Three preparatory classes at Davis Studio focusing on French culture and art history before we go; optional workshop after we return, to help you create a painting from one of your sketchbook pages
Cost and registration details
Cost is $2,820 per person, double occupancy, if registered before June 15, 2011.
Cost is $2,920 after June 15.
Single room is available for an additional $300.
Price does not include flight. Registration is on a firstcome, first served basis, and we expect this trip to fill
quickly. Minimum group size is 7; maximum is 10. A depositof $500 per person will reserve your place in The Impressionist’sParis. Remaining payment can be made through installments,and is requested by Feb 15, 2012.